The department of zoology was established in 1990 with an aim to provide quality education to rural students and to contribute for the development of animal science and zoological studies. The department has highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty with average teaching experience more than 25 years. Our pedagogy focus on basic and applied field of zoology assisted with demos, models, ppt’s, etc. The departmental laboratory is fulfilled with lot of required museum specimens, and equipment’s. It is having PH meter, digital weight balance, compound microscope, research microscope, Binocular microscope, Electrophoresis units, Microtome machine, Shaker, centrifuge, Hot air oven, Incubator, Laminar flow, Freeze etc. The department has computer for the utilisation of e- resources and demonstrations of dissections using software like digi frog.
The department of zoology regularly organizes educational tours to different fish farms, sanctuaries, national parks etc. For the development of students we have organizes group discussions, seminar activities, guest lectures, welcome function and valedictory programme every year. Similarly science quiz, wall poster, debate competition cultural programmes and innovative activities are conducted regularly.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
· To teach the syllabus according to university and UGC norms.
· To inculcate the academic and research atmosphere among the students.
· To give the information regarding the zoology subject.
· To pay the attention, to create the interest in zoology subject.
· To give an opportunity to leadership, stage courage, writing skills and association ship among the students.
· To establish the zoology forum for students.
· To arrange the programme like wel-come , send-off function, excursion poster presentation etc.
· To create a social needs and and duties amongst the students in the form participation in literacy , padyatra, NSS activities blood donation, environmental protection etc.
· Departmental Library.
· Computing facility.
· Regular Tests, Seminars, Tutorials, Remedial coaching.
· Industrial tours.
· We are going to have the Recognition for the Research Laboratory from the University.
· Our Faculty Members are also going to submit the proposals of Minor and Major Research Projects to the UGC.
· We are going to submit the proposals of National and International Conference to the UGC.
· To enrich and develop the Departmental Library.